CommonGround volunteer Leslie Boswell shares a recipe for a No-Bake Samoa Cookie.
No-Bake Samoa Cookie
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut for toasting
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp butter or margarine
- For the Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 3.4 oz box instant butterscotch pudding
- 2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla
- To toast coconut:
- Place coconut in a small, dry pan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally (stir more frequently towards the end), until coconut is light golden brown. Set aside.
- To prepare drizzle:
- In a small bowl, melt together chocolate and margarine. I microwaved mine at 50% power for 25 seconds. If it's too thick, add a tiny bit of milk. Pour chocolate into a Ziploc bag to use for drizzle later.
- For cookies
- In a large pot, bring sugar, butter and milk to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add in the pudding mix, oats, coconut and vanilla.
- Scoop onto wax-paper lined cookie sheets. Snip a tiny piece of the bag's corner and drizzle with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!