CommonGround volunteer Ashley Babl shares her recipe for Mother-In-Law’s Meatballs.
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 egg
- 1 c. Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 T. onion flakes
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 3 T. sugar
- Dash of dry mustard
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 3 T. vinegar
- Combine the hamburger, egg, cereal, onion flakes, salt and pepper to begin making the meatballs.
- Make the ball size slightly larger than a golf ball. Use an ice cream scoop.
- Bake the meatballs for 30 minutes in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees.
- While baking, make the sauce.
- Combine sugar, dry mustard, ketchup and vinegar in a saucepan.
- Heat and stir until well mixed.
- After 30 minutes of baking the meatballs, remove from oven, pour sauce over meatballs and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- When meatballs are done baking, you can cool and freeze for warming later, or enjoy right away.