CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares her recipe for Morning Oats with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup diced fruit strawberries, blueberries, apples, dried cherries
- ½ cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup diced fruit
- ¼ cup granola your choice
- In a bowl, combine rolled oats, milk, 1 cup diced fruit, Greek yogurt, honey, almond and vanilla extract.
- Divide mixture into two 8-oz jars with lids.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least four hours.
- When ready to serve top with ½ cup diced fruit and granola.
- Enjoy cold or heated in the microwave for one to two minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!