CommonGround volunteer Leslie Boswell shares her recipe for Mini Pecan Pies with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Mini Pecan Pies
- 2 9- inch homemade pie crusts or 1 store-bought 14 ounce refrigerated box
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously coat a standard size 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Gently roll out the pie crusts. Cut circles with a cookie cutter or glass with a 3.5-inch diameter. (You should be able to get 6 circles from each crust if you cut close to the edges and close to one another. See photo.)
- Carefully press the dough rounds into each muffin slot. (The dough should come up about halfway in each muffin well.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, melted butter, beaten egg, corn syrup, vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and chopped pecans. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fill each pie crust with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the filling (it won’t look like a lot, but the filling expands while baking.)
- Bake for about 25 minutes (or when the center of pies start to solidify and are no longer jiggly.)
- Cool completely in pan.
- Gently run a dull knife around the outer crusts to loosen any parts that might be stuck and, using the same knife, remove the pies from the pan.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!