CommonGround volunteer Emma Vogt shares her recipe for Meat Shell Potato Pie with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 4 stripes cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Mix beef, half can of mushroom soup, onion, egg, bread crumbs parsley, salt and pepper.
- Press into a greased 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Mix mashed potatoes and other half of mushroom soup.
- Place on top of cooked hamburger then sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes and enjoy!