CommonGround volunteer Deb Gangwish shares her Great Grandma’s recipe for Scalloped Corn.
G.G.’s Scalloped Corn
- 3 to 4 cans of creamed corn
- 2 sleeves of saltine crackers
- 1 ½ to 2 sticks of butter
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional – Garlic Pepper and Onion Powder to taste – I usually mix my added spices in a ziploc when I crush the saltines.
- Layer ingredients – in baking dish lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. Start with creamed corn, sprinkle a little sugar, place crushed saltines in a thin layer on top and then add pats of butter to the top of the saltines. Repeat until ingredients are gone. Bake at 375 until bubbly.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!