CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares her recipe for Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Sugar Chips.
Fruit Salsa with Baked Cinnamon Sugar Chips
- 1 peach or nectarine, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 granny smith apple peeled, cored and diced
- 1 6 oz. package blackberries or raspberries diced
- 1 16 oz. package strawberries hulled and diced
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoon strawberry or peach preserves
- Ingredients for Sugar chips
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 10 4-inch flour tortillas (street tacos)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a jelly roll 18x13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Toss all diced fruit with lemon juice, preserves and honey. Refrigerate salsa.
- Cut tortilla shells into wedges either 4 or 6 per shell like you would cut a pizza.
- In a small bowl mix together sugar and cinnamon. Spray wedges with cooking spray and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture then flip over and do the other side.
- Bake in preheated oven about 10-12 minutes, turning chips once halfway through baking.
- Let chips cool then serve with fruit salsa. Keep chips in sealed zip lock baggie for freshness.