CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares her recipe for Fruit Cream Cheese Wrap with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Fruit Cream Cheese Wrap
- 1 4 oz. package of reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar, optional
- 4 drops vanilla extract
- 3 8 inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 10-12 strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small cantaloupe, thinly sliced, or 3 kiwifruits, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- Mash together cream cheese, sugar (if using) and vanilla extract in bowl with fork until smooth.
- Spread each tortilla with 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture, spreading all the way to the edges.
- Scratch a square in the cream cheese with a spatula (making biggest possible square you can fit inside the tortilla). This will define the filling area.
- Arrange strawberries and cantaloupe or kiwi fruit in single layer inside square. Top with banana slices.
- Fold up bottom of tortilla along scratched line,and fold in sides along lines. Tightly roll up tortilla, pushing in any filling that slides out.
- Set seam side down on plate and press to seal.
- Freeze 10 minutes to set. Cut in half on bias and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!