CommonGround volunteer Leslie Boswell shares her recipe for French Toast in a Mug with Pure Nebraska viewers.
French Toast in a Mug
- 2 pieces buttered bread
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- cinammon sugar (optional)
- nuts or fruit (optional)
- In your microwavable mug, mix together the egg, milk, syrup, cinnamon and salt until all combined. (Whisk the egg and milk together before adding other ingredients.)
- Butter the bread and slice it into pieces.
- Add the bread to the mug and press them down so they are submerged within the liquid and the bread soaks in the egg mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips, nuts or fruit to the mug and give a little stir to incorporate it in the mixture.
- Sprinkle the optional cinnamon sugar on top.
- Microwave for a total of 2 minutes stopping every 30 seconds. (Count to ten and start again – this is so it doesn't explode in your microwave.)
- Let cool for about 1-2minutes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!