CommonGround volunteer Leslie Boswell shares her recipe for Crustless Pecan Pie with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Crustless Pecan Pie – for One
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the egg and sugar until well mixed.
- Add the melted butter, maple syrup,vanilla, flour, and salt and whisk until combined.
- Spread pecans evenly inside a lightly buttered 10-ounce ramekin.
- Pour the pie filling over the pecans and place the ramekin on a rimmed baking sheet to catch any possible spills.
- Bake the pie for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned. Remove the finished pie from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool. The filling will continue to set as it cools.
I usually allow the pie to cool for about an hour. Enjoy it warm or allow it to cool longer if you prefer.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!