CommonGround volunteer Denise McAfee shares her recipe for Cornflake Peanut Butter Bars with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Cornflake Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 6 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In large saucepan combine sugar and corn syrup, bring to boil over medium/high heat. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Add cornflakes mixing until coated. Pat into a buttered 9 x 13 pan.
- Evenly sprinkle marshmallows and chocolate chips over bars. Place under broiler setting on oven until marshmallows puff and brown slightly and chocolate chips are soft and spreadable.
- Remove from oven, immediately spread and swirl marshmallows and chocolate chips together with a knife to evenly cover bars. Cool and cut into bars.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!