CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares her recipe for Corn Salsa with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 3 cups raw corn kernels about 4 cobs of shucked sweet corn
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion about ½ medium onion
- 1 diced ripe avocado optional
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 medium jalapenos depending on how hot you like it 1 for mild to medium 2 for spicy
- ¼ cup lime juice about 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a medium serving bowl,combine all of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- For the best flavor, let it sit for about 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve as a topping for burritos or tacos or just eat with chips.
- This salsa keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!