CommonGround volunteer Susan Littlefield shares her recipe for Corn Dogs with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 1 package pancake batter mix, like Bisquick
- 1 package hot dogs – your favorite
- 8-10 wooden skewers – pre soaked in water
- 1/4 cup flour
- First,start by soaking the skewers for at least 20 minutes inside a bowl of water.This will prevent the skewers from burning inside the air fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- In a small plate, add 1/4 cup of flour to coat the hot dogs before dipping them into the batter.
- Roll each hot dog into the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Insert a skewer into each hot dog.
- Make your batter using the instructions on the package. Pour the corn dog batter into a drinking glass large enough to dip the hot dogs into.
- Lightly grease the inside of the air fryer with non stick cooking spray.
- Dip each hot dog into the batter, letting the excess batter drip off.
- Gently place the corn dogs in the air fryer. Turn them over slightly as some of the batter may run off. Turning them will help to coat them in the batter once again.
- Cook at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, flipping half way.
- Finally, serve with ketchup and mustard and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!