CommonGround volunteer Leslie Boswell shares a recipe for Chili Cheese Dog Bake with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Chili Cheese Dog Bake
- 1 can chili, heated
- 1 can rolled refrigerator pizza crust
- Assorted shredded cheese
- 1 pkg Ballpark franks
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the chili in a sauce pan on the stove, until warm.
- Pour the heated chili in the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Cut the dough into as many strips as the hot dogs that you want to include.Unroll and spread desired cheese on the dough.
- Wrap strips of dough around the hot dogs. Arrange in baking dish on top of chili.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- If the tops of the dough brown faster than the bottom, cover with foil until done.
- Optional, mix butter and garlic powder until smooth and spread over the baked cheese dogs. Put back in oven for about 3 minutes.
- Option: Bake cheese dogs on a cookie sheet and cover with chili before eating. Spray cookie sheet or use foil before baking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!