CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares her recipe for Cherry Nut Brownies with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Cherry Nut Brownies
- 1 9 x 13 brownie mix
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup almonds or pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- It will take a little longer than what the box says, simply because the cherry pie filling will add moisture.
- Serve with ice cream. For Valentine's Day you can use a heart cookie cutter and make the brownies heart shaped.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!