CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares a fun recipe perfect for the 4th of July!
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 24 large fresh strawberries
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Cut the stems from the strawberries, so the strawberries can sit cut-side down.
- Cut a deep "X" from the tip down, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl with a hand mixer until nice and fluffy.
- Gently open each strawberry and pipe the filling inside using a pastry bag or a zip lock bag with a star piping tip. Don't have a pastry bag or piping tip? Just cut off the corner of a zip lock bag and squeeze the cheesecake filling inside the strawberries that way.
- Top each filled strawberry with a blueberry. These are best served after the strawberries have been chilled for at least one hour. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days depending on how firm/soft the strawberries are.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!