CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares a recipe for fun snacks for your kiddos lunch boxes.
- celery stalks cut in 2-inch pieces
- peanut butter
- cream cheese – whipped is easily spread
- sliced apple
- sliced orange
- sliced cucumber
- sliced tomato or cherry tomato
- radish matchsticks, thinly sliced radishes
- candy eyes or mini chocolate chips
- Make the Snails: Fill celery stalks with peanut butter or cream cheese and top with an apple, orange, kiwi, cucumber or tomato slice shell and a cashew head. Use peanut butter or cream cheese to glue on candy eyes.
- Make the Caterpillars: Fill celery stalks with peanut butter or cream cheese and top with grapes, blueberries or grape tomatoes for the body and head. Use peanut butter or cream cheese to glue on candy eyes and celery or radish matchstick for antennae.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!