CommonGround volunteer Amy Johnson shares a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 3 large bell peppers (any color, cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed)
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup hot sauce or buffalo sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch green onions (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange cut and de-seed peppers in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Combine pre-cooked shredded chicken, mayonnaise, hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and ¾ of the green onions. Mix thoroughly. Taste and add more hot sauce or salt if desired.
- Fill peppers with buffalo chicken mixture – make sure to pack it in the pepper.
- Cover the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes – until peppers are tender and the stuffing is bubbling and slightly browned.
- Top with a drizzle of ranch dressing and the rest of the thinly sliced green onion
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!