CommonGround volunteer Diane Karr shares her recipe for Blueberry Banana Zucchini Bread.
Blueberry Banana Zucchini Bread
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cup sour cream
- 1 TBSP . vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups all-purpose flour* see notes
- 1/2 tsp . baking powder
- 1/2 tsp . baking soda
- 1/2 tsp . cinnamon
- 1 cup of fresh grated zucchini remove moisture by placing in between two paper towels and pressing firmly * (see notes)
- 2 medium bananas mashed
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease one 9x5-inch loaf pan (you can also split the batter into two pans, just be sure to adjust the baking time)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, sour cream and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon, and fold into mixture.
- Add the zucchini and bananas, and fold to combine. Then add blueberries and gently fold.
- Turn batter out into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 65 -80 minutes or until the top is golden, the center is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 15- 20 minutes until transferring to a wire rack.
- *NOTES: All zucchini and bananas are different in the amount of moisture in them. Your batter should be on the thicker side. The zucchini will release water into the batter as it bakes. You may add additional flour to batter before cooking if needed. It's better to have your batter be too thick than thin. I also suggest you place your grated zucchini between paper towels and press firmly to remove as much moisture as you can. Bake as long as needed and place a piece of foil on top of the bread if the top is beginning to brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!