CommonGround volunteer Leslie Boswell shares a recipe for Big Mac Tater Tot Casserole with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Big Mac Tater Tot Casserole
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced dill pickle
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded triple cheddar cheese blend
- 24 oz frozen tater tots
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Dump ground beef into a large saute pan over medium-high heat along with a dab of margarine or butter.
- Crumble the ground beef well as it cooks.
- Once the ground beef is fully cooked, remove the pan from the heat and drain the excess grease.
- Add the Thousand Island dressing, mayo, diced onion, diced dill pickle, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the pan with the beef.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Dump the ground beef mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the beef.
- Place the tater tots in a single layer on top of the cheese.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake the casserole until the tater tots are golden brown. 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle the shredded lettuce on top.
- Drizzle the Thousand Island dressing over the lettuce.