CommonGround Volunteer Morgan Wrich shares her recipe for Cheesy Hash Browns with Corn Flakes.
Cheesy Hash Brown Potatoes with Corn Flakes
- 2 lbs. frozen hash browns, thawed
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted and divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion or green onion (Jane Ann substituted dried minced onion)
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup (or substitute cream of celery soup)
- 1 pint (2 cups) sour cream (regular or light)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or spray a 9×13″ pan or baking dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine thawed hash browns with 1/2 cup of the melted butter, pepper, salt, and chopped onion, blending well.
- Add in the soup and sour cream, then the cheddar cheese, mixing everything well.
- Spread mixture evenly into a 9×13″ baking dish.
- Mix remaining 1/4 cup melted butter and the crushed corn flakes together and sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 50 to 60 minutes. Serve hot.