CommonGround volunteer and RD Elaine Farley-Zoucha shares a recipe for Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad.
Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- 6 medium beets
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Salt & Pepper
- 6 cups of Arugala and Spinach
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup 3-4 ounces of Goat Cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare beets for roasting. Whisk together vinegar and orange juice, add salt and pepper to taste, gradually whisk in oil and set aside. Wash to remove all dirt and remove tops and roots. Quarter beets and place in bowl add about 1/4 cup of dressing or enough to coat the beets. Line baking sheet with heavy duty foil and pour beets onto pan. Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until tender and caramelized. Set aside to cool.
- While beets cool. Wash and dry greens, place on platter. Once beets are cool you can remove peels by scrapping with a pairing knife. Dice beets and place on top of greens. Sprinkle walnuts evenly over the beets then the goat cheese crumbles. Whisk dressing and evenly pour over the salad
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!