CommonGround Nebraska volunteer Ashley Babl shared with Pure Nebraska her recipe for Sweet Potato and Apple Cobbler.
- 2 Cups sweet potatoes, peeled and grated (about 2 medium sized)
- 4 Cups granny smith apples peeled and diced
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 Teaspoon teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1 large egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease an 8×8-inch bakingdish with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together grated sweet potatoes, dicedapples, cut up butter, brown sugar, flour, vanilla extract and pumpkin piespice. Once combined pour into prepared baking dish.
- Top with cobbler crust (see below for directions)
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until crust is a goldenbrown. Check occasionally because baking times may vary.
- Remove from oven serve warm or let cool before serving. Topwith vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for an extra special treat.
- In medium bowl stir together flour, sugar and salt.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together milk and eggyolk.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients together, then use a forkor a pastry cutter to blend in room temperature butter. The dough will becrumbly.
- Either sprinkle crumbled dough over cobbler or knead doughuntil it forms together and roll out to cut with a cookie cutter and add to thecobbler.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!