CommonGround volunteer Susan Littlefield shares a recipe for Zucchini and Rhubarb bread or muffins. Recipe is from Myfrugalfarmstead.wordpress.com
Zucchini and Rhubarb Bread
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups rhubarb cut into half-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 teaspoon flour divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup zucchini shredded, squeezed to remove moisture
- 1/4 cup milk
- For the Topping
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray lightly with cooking spray and set aside
- In a small bowl toss rhubarb chunks in 1 teaspoon of flour. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix topping ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together your dry ingredients: 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl (or the bowl of your mixer), add 1/3 cup oil, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, and the zucchini. Mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients with the milk and mix until everything is just combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Once everything is combined, fold in the rhubarb.
- Spoon the mixture into your prepared muffin cups. Then distribute the topping equally among all the muffins.
- Put the muffins in the 400-degree oven then turn down the heat to 375 degrees. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once they are done let them cool for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!