CommonGround volunteer Crystal Klug shares her recipe for Strawberry Pie.
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust, cooled to room temperature or 1 9-inch gram cracker crust (whichever you prefer)
- 1 c sugar
- 1 1/4 c water
- 3 T cornstarch
- 1/4 c strawberry gelatin (JELL-O)
- 1 quart (or more) or more fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced in half (or smaller depending on size)
- Bring sugar, water and cornstarch to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly for 1 minute (until thickened.
- Stir in gelatin until dissolved and remove from heat.
- Arrange strawberries in pie crust and poor gelatin mixture over strawberries.
- Chill pie 2-4 hours before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.