CommonGround volunteer Karol Swan shares her recipe for a Refreshing Oriental Salad with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Refreshing Oriental Salad
- 4 cups shredded cabbage Any kind will work (6-8 oz pre-packaged)
- 2 cups matchstick cut carrots 6-8 oz pre-packaged
- ½ large red bell pepper sliced thin Any color is OK
- 1/2-1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped green onion 8 stalks
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken breast meat 1-1/2 pounds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice bottled or fresh squeeze
- 1/2-3/4 cups of your favorite sweet vinaigrette type dressing
- Wanton strips
- In a small dish mix ginger, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add ingredients in order. Sprinkle a little of the salt mixture and toss after each vegetable and chicken ingredient.
- Add soy sauce and lime. Mix.
- Add dressing, toss, serve and top with Wanton Strips.
- Complete by serving with muffins or artisan bread.
Most ingredients can be purchased shredded or chopped. Very little kitchen preparation.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!