CommonGround volunteer Karol Swan shares her recipe for Mexican Corn Salad with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 5 cups corn frozen or cut from cob
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced or 2 teaspoons minced garlic from a jar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons fresh or bottled lime juice
- 1 cup Feta or favorite crumbly cheese
- Do not thaw frozen corn.
- Heat butter, garlic, salt and pepper in skillet medium to high heat Non stick works best.
- Add corn to hot butter mix.
- Stir and fry until corn turns slightly brown. 5-8 minutes
- Pour corn in a bowl.
- Add rest of the ingredients ending with the lime juice to warm corn.
- Mix well.
- Top with the cheese
- Serve warm or chilled.