CommonGround volunteer Joan Ruskamp shares her recipe for a Beefshi Deli Roll using roast beef, ranch dressing, and carrots with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Joan Ruskamp’s Beefshi Deli Roll
- Hand vinegar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- Deli Roll
- 2 sheets nori
- 3 cups prepared sushi rice
- 6 thin slices of roast beef
- Ranch dressing
- Sliced carrots
- In a small bowl, stir together the hand vinegar.
- Lay a sushi mat on a clean surface. Place a sheet of nori on the mat, shiny side down.
- Moisten hands with hand vinegar and shake off excess.
- Spread the rice across the nori.
- Leave 1” of the nori free from rice, this will be used later when you roll and seal.
- Cover half the rice (the size of a baseball) with slices roasted beef.
- Spread ranch dressing over the meat.
- Place a couple of rows of sliced carrots on top of dressing.
- Roll, seal,slice in eight pieces.
- Repeat to make the second roll.