CommonGround volunteer Leslie Boswell shares a recipe for Grasshopper Cake.
- For the Cake:
- 1 box Super Moist White Cake Mix with pudding in the mix
- 1-1/4 c. water
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites from three large eggs
- 4 oz. Creme de Menthe liqueur
- For the topping:
- 1 16- oz. container of hot fudge topping
- 1 8- oz. container whipped topping
- 2 oz. Creme de Menthe
- Chopped mint candy for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F for shiny metal or glass pan, or to 325° F for dark or nonstick pan. Lightly spray the bottom only of a 9'' x 13'' pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cake mix, water, oil, and egg whites on low speed for 30 seconds. Turn mixer up to medium speed and beat for 2 minutes more, scraping the bowl occasionally. Batter will be a bit lumpy. Stir in the Creme de Menthe. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 27 to 32 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Be careful to not over bake, as it will end up dry. Cool completely.
- Gently spread fudge topping evenly over the cake. In a medium bowl, stir together Cool Whip and 2 ounces Creme de Menthe. Spread mixture evenly over the fudge. If desired, garnish with chopped Andes Mints. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!