CommonGround volunteer Ruth Ready shares her recipe for Cranberry Quick Bread with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Cranberry Quick Bread
Note: In the video, Ruth said 2/3 cup of unsalted butter. She meant to say 1/3 cup.
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups whole milk
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter and flour an 8 x 4 loaf pan.
- In a stand mixer cream your butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes then add in the vanilla and eggs until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour and baking powder before adding it into the stand mixer on low speed, alternating with milk until just combined.
- Stir the cranberries in by hand until just combined and pour into the pan and bake for 60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!