CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares her recipe for Caramel Apple Nachos with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 3-4 gala apples
- 3-4 granny smith apples
- caramel topping
- white chocolate candy coating
- mini chocolate chips
- heath toffee bits or granola
- Cut your apples right before working on candy coating and caramel so they do not brown. *Tip: pour some ginger ale on your apples to help keep them from browning.
- Place on your apples on a plate.
- Drizzle your caramel topping over the apples.
- Melt white chocolate by placing candy coating in a small pot on low heat and stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Place in ziploc bag with cut corner as soon as it's done.
- Drizzle white chocolate on as soon as it is melted and smooth.
- Sprinkle toppings (toffee bits/granola and mini chips.)
- Serve immediately.