CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares her recipe for Breakfast Nachos with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- About 2 cups of tortilla chips (I like the Scoops)
- 2 to 3 eggs scrambled (keep warm)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese or your favorite cheese
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- ½ cup bacon bits
- ½ cup cooked sausage
- Place the tortilla chips on a plate and sprinkle the warm scrambled eggs over the chips and sprinkle your cheese choice over the eggs.
- Add the rest of your toppings.
- You can adapt this to add chopped jalapenos if you wish as well.