- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 lbs bone in ribs
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 cups diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- corn starch for thickening
- On the stove drizzle olive oil in bottom of pot with garlic, salt, and pepper to taste, toss in celery, carrots, and onion- cook until fragrant. Turn off heat and let sit.
- Roll ribs in flour. Pull out another pan and quickly sear ribs on all sides.
- Get out crock pot or Dutch oven, lightly drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil in the bottom. Place ribs in first then add in the vegetables.
- Add in beef broth and tomato paste and let cook. If ribs were thawed, at least 2 hours if frozen at least 6 hours. Monitor throughout and bring internal temp to at least 145. Serve over whipped mashed potatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!