CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares her recipe for Angel Fruited Bread Pudding with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Angel Fruited Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf of angel food cake cubed
- 1 can apple pie filing can use filling of your choice
- 1 cup chopped pecans or almonds
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Spray 9x13 baking pan with spray oil.
- Place cubed angel food cake in pan, dump pie filling and nuts on top and stir completely.
- In a separate bowl mix beaten eggs, whipping cream, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour on top of angel food cake mixture.
- Bake at 350° for one hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!