CommonGround volunteer Leslie Boswell shares a recipe for Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Pizza Bites with Pure Nebraska.
Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- 8 string cheese
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 roll refrigerated pizza crust
- 24 regular pepperonis
- pizza sauce, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with non stick spray.
- Unwrap the string cheese and cut each one into thirds.
- Stir together the oregano, garlic powder, and cheese.
- Open the pizza crust and lay it out on a pan. Cut it into 24 even pieces.
- Place a piece of cheese in the center of each one. Roll the dough up tightly making sure to pinch the seams tightly. Place on the prepared pan.
- Brush each dough roll with butter. Sprinkle with the cheese mixture.
- Press a pepperoni into the top of each one. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately with pizza sauce, if desired.
Commonground Nebraska https://commongroundnebraska.com/wordpress/