CommonGround volunteer Leslie Boswell shares her recipe for a No Bake Banana Split dessert.
No Bake Banana Split Dessert
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c. butter, softened
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1 (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 oz) Cool-Whip
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 1 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
- Hot fudge sauce, warmed
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs.
- Press in the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass baking dish to form the crust.
- Put in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Beat together the cream cheese, ¼ cup butter and powdered sugar until creamy. This may take up to 5 minutes.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Add a layer of sliced bananas over the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread pineapple evenly over the bananas.
- Spread the Cool-Whip over the pineapple.
- Top with nuts and cherries and drizzle with fudge sauce.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before cutting to allow the layers to set.
Commonground Nebraska https://commongroundnebraska.com/wordpress/