In my video, I demonstrate how to make a Nebraska Farm Salad. This salad has lots of protein and fiber and is a great talking piece during your dinner party to talk about the different foods that we grow here in Nebraska!
Click on the Cooking with CommonGround video to watch my make my salad, and find the recipe below. Enjoy!
Nebraska Farm Salad
1/2 cup Wheat Berries
1 cup Edamame (shelled soybeans)
1/2 can Black Soybeans (or black beans), drained
1 cup tomato, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1 cup sweet corn, shelled (watch my video here how to shell corn easily using your microwave!)
3 tbsp soybean oil (vegetable oil)
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil and add wheat berries. Boil for about an hour or until the berries are pretty soft. Drain and let cool.
2. Meanwhile, add the shelled edamame in a cup of boiling water for about 5 minutes or until heated through. Drain and let cool.
2. In a large bowl, add wheat berries, edamame, black beans, chopped tomato, red onion, and sweet corn. Stir gently.
3. Drizzle oil and red wine vinegar over mixed salad.
4. Lightly toss the salad and chill for 1 hour.