CommonGround volunteer Leslie Boswell shares her recipe for homemade Nebraska Bunzas with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 package frozen dinner rolls, thawed
- In a large skillet with a lid brown the ground beef and onion until done. Drain off any grease. Add the shredded cabbage, garlic powder, salt, pepper, butter, and water. Stir well.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Take two of the balls of dinner roll dough and roll into ovals.
- Place about 1/4-1/3 cup ground beef filling onto one of the ovals and sprinkle shredded cheese on top and add the other oval of dough.
- Continue this until you are out of filling.
- Place the filled ovals onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Cover with a towel and allow the dough to rise in a warm place 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden brown.