CommonGround volunteer Leslie Boswell shares her recipe for Green Bean Casserole featuring her homemade white sauce with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Green Bean Casserole with Homemade White Sauce
- 9 Tbsp butter
- 9 Tbsp flour
- 3 Cups milk
- 1 Tbsp dried onion
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp pepper
- 1 Gal. green beans, drained
- French fried onions
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour until smooth.
- Add milk, dried onions, salt and pepper.
- Cook and whisk until it starts to thicken.
- Pour the green beans in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Pour the white sauce over the beans and mix it in.
- Top with French fried onions.
- Bake at 350 for 45 min until bubbly.