CommonGround volunteer Crystal Klug shares a recipe for Egg Bites with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup of shredded gruyere or swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup full fat cottage cheese
- Couple of cracks of fresh black pepper
- 2 thick slices of cooked bacon
- Non-stick spray
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F and place a baking dish that is filled with 1 inch of water on the bottom rack. This creates a humid environment and help the eggs cook evenly.
- Add the eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper to a blender and blend on high for 20 seconds until light and frothy.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and fill the tins almost all the way to the top with the egg mixture.
- Divide the cooked, chopped bacon equally among all the muffin tins and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the center of the egg bites are just set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then use a spatula of fork to carefully remove them from the muffin tin. Enjoy!
- Recipe makes 6 egg bites, you can easily double or triple the recipe. Store the egg bites in the fridge for 3 days or freeze for 2-3 months. Reheat in microwave for warm oven.
Commonground Nebraska https://commongroundnebraska.com/wordpress/