CommonGround volunteer Crystal Klug shares a recipe for Egg Bites with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup of shredded gruyere or swiss cheese
- ¼ cup full fat cottage cheese
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Couple cracks of fresh black pepper
- 2 thick slices of cooked bacon
- Non-stick spray
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F and place a baking dish that is filled with 1 inch of water on the bottom rack. This creates a humid environment and help the eggs cook evenly.
- Add the eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper to a blender and blend on high for 20 seconds until light and frothy.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and fill the tins almost all the way to the top with the egg mixture.
- Divide the cooked, chopped bacon equally among all of the muffin tins and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the center of the egg bites are just set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then use a spatula or fork to carefully remove them from the muffin tin. Enjoy!
- Recipe makes 6 egg bites, you can easily double or triple the recipe. Store the egg bites in the fridge for 3 days or freeze for 2-3 months. Reheat in microwave or warm oven.