CommonGround volunteer Ashley Babl shares her recipe for Crock-pot Cowboy Casserole.
Crock-pot Cowboy Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, browned and drained
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1/4 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz or more of shredded cheddar cheese
- While ground beef is browning, place potatoes in bottom of slow cooker
- Salt and pepper generously
- Add onions and minced garlic.
- Layer ground beef on onions and garlic, and top with kidney beans, diced tomatoes, and water.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- When there is about 15 minutes of cook time left, sprinkle the cheese on top of of the dish and cover again until cheese is milted.
Commonground Nebraska https://commongroundnebraska.com/wordpress/