CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares a recipe for Cowboy Ration, a special trail mix recipe for your family and friends.
- 4 cups honey nut Chex mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup nuts of your choice
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup dried fruit
- In a large microwaveable bowl, add cereal; set aside. Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large microwaveable measuring cup, microwave sugar, brown sugar, butter and water uncovered for 1 to 1/2 minutes, stir after one minute, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in baking soda until dissolved.
- Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave cereal mixture uncovered for 3 minutes stirring every 30 seconds. Spread on baking sheet, cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients. Stir in covered container.
Commonground Nebraska https://commongroundnebraska.com/wordpress/