This week is our county fair and, without a doubt, there’s nothing better than a warm funnel cake after the Saturday night rodeo. Why wait until the county fair to enjoy your favorite fair treat? Try making this one at home!
County Fair Funnel Cakes
You don't need to wait for the county fair to enjoy a delicious funnel cake! This easy-to-make recipe can be enjoyed in just a few minutes!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Heat oil to 375°F in a deep-fat fryer or larger heavy bottomed skillet.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, water, and vanilla until well blended. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; whisk until smooth.
- Cover the bottom of a funnel spout with your finger and carefully ladle ½-cup batter into the funnel. Hold the funnel several inches above the oil and release your finger, moving the funnel in a spiral motion until all of the batter has flowed out of the funnel. Scrape with a rubber spatula if necessary.
- Fry 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown, using tongs to flip once. Drain on paper towels. Dust with powdered sugar; serve warm.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 with remaining batter.
Commonground Nebraska https://commongroundnebraska.com/wordpress/