CommonGround volunteer Crystal Klug shares a recipe for Coconut Cake.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/2 c flaked coconut
- 1 can coconut creme liquor (found in the liquor isle)
- 1 small container Cool Whip
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Mix in 1/2 c sour cream and coconut.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes until middle is set.
- Remove cake from oven. While still hot, using a fork or the bottom of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the cake.
- Stir the coconut crème liquor, and pour on the top of the cake, so it soaks into the holes.
- Cool completely.
- Frost with Cool Whip and sprinkle more flaked coconut on top (to taste).
- Keep cake refrigerated.
Commonground Nebraska https://commongroundnebraska.com/wordpress/