My passion for agriculture goes way back to my years growing up in Iowa. I am so proud of my family’s agricultural heritage. Even though we live in the “heart of agriculture”, that lack of knowledge is also right here. It is important that consumers put a face with their food.
I have seen that firsthand with our beef sales. I want to take advantage of the opportunity to promote the industry that is the lifeblood of my family.
1 lb ground beef
1 small pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can (14.5 ounce ) beef broth
1 1/2 cup uncooked pasta
1 cup barbeque sauce
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1. Brown ground beef, pepper and onion. Drain.
2. Stir in broth, pasta, barbeque sauce and water. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer 10 – 15 minutes.
4. Uncover and cook 5-7 minutes longer.
5. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.