CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares a family favorite recipe named Cherry Almond Dump Cake.
Cherry Almond Dump Cake
- 2 cans cherry pie filling (21 oz each)
- 1 box cake mix of your choice (white, yellow, chocolate)
- 1 cup butter melted
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced almonds (pecans would work as well)
- In a greased 9x13 baking dish, pour in cherry pie filling and spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle cinnamon over the pie filling.
- Pour dry cake mix directly on top of the pie filling and spread evenly. Top with melted butter.
- Sprinkle almonds on top
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Commonground Nebraska https://commongroundnebraska.com/wordpress/