CommonGround volunteer Crystal Klug shares her recipe for Beef Kabobs with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 1 T mustard
- 1 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 pounds sirloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 16 mushroom caps
- 1 large onion
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl, reserve 1/4 of the marinade.
- In a zip lock bag, add the remaining 3/4 of the marinade and the meat. Seal and squish to coat well.
- Chill in the fridge for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Cut the veggies into in to chunks, roughly the same size as the beef pieces and add to a plastic bag with the reserved marinade.
- Marinate veggies 1-4 hours before grilling.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Thread alternating pieces of meat and veggies until the skewers are filled.
- Place kabobs on the grill directly over the heat and reduce to medium-high.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes, flipping after 4-5 minutes until the meat is cooked medium-rare to medium and the vegetables start to char around the edges.
- Remove from grill and rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
- You can also bake the kabobs in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees, turning half way though the cooking process.
Commonground Nebraska https://commongroundnebraska.com/wordpress/