CommonGround volunteer, R.D. Elaine Farley-Zoucha shares her recipe for Watermelon and Fennel Salad.
Watermelon and Fennel Salad
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion - thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of Fennel Bulb - thinly sliced
- 3 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1/4 Cup Fresh mint leaves thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- Mix the first 4 ingredients with a whisk and poor over onion and fennel to marinate - set aside in the refrigerator.
- Cube watermelon and slice mint leaves.
- 15- 20 minutes prior to serving combine the watermelon, mint, and dressing mixture.
- Sprinkle Feta cheese over the salad and toss gently immediately before serving.
Commonground Nebraska http://commongroundnebraska.com/wordpress/