CommonGround volunteer Ashley Babl shares her recipe for Slow Cooker Apples with Cinnamon and Brown Sugar.
Slow Cooker Apples with Cinnamon and Brown Sugar
- 1 Slow Cooker Liner
- 4 medium tart baking apples (such as Granny Smith, Braeburn, or Jonathan), cored
- 1/4 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- Line a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with a Slow Cooker Liner.
- Place apples in prepared slow cooker.
- Combine oats, raisins, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Spoon mixture into centers of apples, patting in with the back of a spoon or a narrow metal spatula. Mound any remaining oat mixture on top of apples.
- Pour apple juice around apples in cooker.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on low.
- Transfer apples to serving bowls and drizzle with cooking liquid.
Commonground Nebraska http://commongroundnebraska.com/wordpress/