These Sweet Hawaiian Mini Burgers are easy to make and taste so good during summer! Also, by using lean beef, you are getting an excellent source of nutrients, including ZIP – zinc, iron, and protein!
Get the skinny on lean beef here and enjoy this recipe!
Sweet Hawaiian Mini Burgers
1 pound lean ground beef
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
4 canned pineapple slices, drained
12 Hawaiian sweet or small whole wheat dinner rolls, split
Sauce 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup pineapple preserves
1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- Combine ground beef and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into twelve 1/2-inch thick mini patties. Set aside.
- Combine sauce ingredients in small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 9 to 11 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile brush pineapple slices with sauce and place on grid around patties. Grill pineapple 4 minutes, turning once and brushing with additional sauce. Remove pineapple, keep warm. Brush burgers with remaining sauce after turning.
- Cut each pineapple slice into thirds. Line bottom of each roll with lettuce, top with burger, then with pineapple piece. Close sandwiches.